26 March 2009

Let the Wild Rumpus Start

The first proper trailer for Spike Jonze's Where the Wild Things Are is out in the world.

About this film, Onions are variously:
  • excited
  • nervous
  • sceptical
  • hopeful
  • rapturous
The production certainly seems to have been in and out of weeks and across at least a year. One might suspect mischief of one kind and another. All fingers, toes and claws crossed.

UPDATE According to Film Victoria the trailer features Williamstown, Werribee and the Dandenongs. The Wild Things seem to have the House of Onion almost completely surrounded. At quite a distance, true, but still... *waves out the window*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Dave Eggers co-wrote the screenplay. That makes me a little more confident.

Penni Russon said...

I don't know, Max seems a bit too melancholy/passive for my liking. I mean I know there's a melancholy subtext in the picture book, but still...Max is extremely powerful. Also he's a toddler/preschooler. That great big strapping lad looks silly in his wolf's suit.

I am scowling. I don't think I'm emotionally prepared to let Wild Things emerge from someone else's brain.