1) Fictitious Dishes. 'The photographs in this series enter the lives of five fictional characters and depict meals from the novels The Catcher in the Rye, Oliver Twist, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and Moby Dick.' Awesome.
2) Little House on the Prairie as Tea Party manifesto? A fabulous read - particularly for devotees of Laura Ingalls Wilder.*
3) That Lili Wilkinson's is a busy bee. Quite recently she 'done got married' ** , for the month of October she is the guest blogger over at ibrary, and next week she will be at the Fitzroy Library having lively and entertaining discussions about all things Obernewtyn, Little Fur, Metro Winds and more, with the ever impressive Isobelle Carmody. Excellent items all round.
4) And in further most-excellent-items news... Maureen McCarthy's fabulous new novel The Convent is out in the world now - after a big, wonderful, moving launch at the Abbotsford Convent last week. Lookee look at the booktrailer!
* And Pa! We know there are some Pa fanciers among our readers.
** Awwww. Congratulations Lili & Michael!